Monday, March 31, 2008

a.s.h <3 d.c.


When I think about our trip to D.C. about two weeks ago, I can't help but smile and remember how amazing it feels to accomplish a goal we've been fighting for the past eight months or so. I recall last July quite perfectly: Lacey and I were adamantly discussing the next ASB trip to a location that would hype people, that would draw attention and would instill pride and enthusiasm into our members. Basically, we wanted some incredible experience. And now having returned, I must say that we may have just done that. 

But it couldn't have been possible without all the members, all of you guys who put in so much effort, time, brain-power, and passion. Through the Benefit Concert, the Dog Washes (man, those were great...), the Yard Sale, the sponsorship chase, and just every activity in which everyone participated, we made it to Washington, D.C. and met the most incredible and persevering individuals. 

Through everything that happened this past year for ASB, be it during all different high, low, middle points, I'm ridiculously proud of the group. I am yet in a state of awe at how far we've gone, and how great it feels to be a member of this group. 


No comments: